The book of 1 Timothy is a letter from the Apostle Paul to a young man named Timothy. It gives Timothy instructions for instructing the leadership of the local church in Ephesus. But church leadership is not just for the pastor. Deacons and other ministry leaders are chosen from within the church body. Timothy’s instructions apply to everyone in the church who might ever be a leader, or worshiper, of any sort — which is all of us.
Pastor Ryan walks us through the book of 1 Timothy, including the controversial parts. What can we learn from Paul’s letter for our church today?
- Resolve for Truth – 1 Timothy 1:1-11
- God’s Generous Grace – 1 Timothy 1:12-20
- Prayer in Worship – 1 Timothy 2:1-8
- Learning in Worship – 1 Timothy 2:9-15
- Leadership is Serious Business – 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- The Mysterious Pillar of Faith – 1 Timothy 3:14-16
- Stay Focused – 1 Timothy 4
- More than Just a Word About Widows – 1 Timothy 5:1-16
- Not So Easy – 1 Timothy 5:17 – 6:2a
- Let’s Not Quibble About Being Content – 1 Timothy 6:2b-10
- Run Away! – 1 Timothy 6:11-21
Photo by Wylly Suhendra on Unsplash