Mandarin Ministries at Argyle Road Baptist Church serves people of Mandarin background. Our doors are open to everyone, regardless of where they are at on their spiritual journey. Together, we are working hard to become the kind of church described in the Bible–a church with life-changing teaching, heart-felt worship, honest and warm friendships, and compassionate care for those in need.
We offer a number of opportunities for you:
- Mandarin Bible study in the church library every Friday at 7 pm. Childcare is provided.
- Friday night prayer group on zoom.
- Weekly Mandarin Bible study on zoom for those who wish to learn more about Christianity
- Weekly English Bible study on zoom for those learning English
- Chinese Translations of select Sunday morning sermons
Cancelled for now because of COVID:
- Saturday afternoon Conversational English Classes from 2:45 to 5:00 pm. There are classes for beginners and more advanced English speakers. Childcare is provided. Classes start each year in September and run weekly until spring. In the summer classes normally stop, but other activities may be planned. This activity is for anyone who would like to improve his or her English, not just for Mandarin speakers.
- A yearly Mandarin Gospel Camp at a lake like the one in the photo. People of all ages join for a weekend of fun, food, worship and learning. Everyone is welcome! Our last camp was September 6-8, 2019 at Strasbourg Bible Camp on Last Mountain Lake.
Past Events Have Included:
- Sunday afternoon Culture Discussion Series by Professor Ron Richmond, for those who wanted some more in-depth learning.
- Mandarin Alpha Course, for those who wanted to learn more about Christianity.