From February 16 to April 5, Pastor Ryan preached a sermon series based on Peter Scazzero’s book “Emotionally Healthy Spirituality”.
- The Problem of Emotionally Unhealthy Spirituality
- Know Yourself that You May Know God
- Going Back in Order to Go Forward
- Journey Through the Wall (letting go of power and control)
- Enlarge Your Soul Through Grief
- Discover the Rhythms of the Daily Office and Sabbath
- Grow into an Emotionally Mature Adult
- Develop a “Rule of Life”
From the book jacket:
Peter Scazzero learned the hard way: you can’t be spiritually mature while remaining emotionally immature. Though Scazzero was an experienced pastor of a growing church, his life and faith remained emotionally unhealthy. Like so many in the church, he routinely:
- avoided healthy conflict in the name of keeping the peace
- ignored and suppressed emotions
- used work for God as an excuse to run from God
- lived without limits
In this bestselling book, Scazzero outlines the top ten symptoms of emotionally unhealthy spirituality. He then unpacks core biblical principles to guide you into an experience of lasting, beneath-the-surface transformation in your relationship with Christ.