This form is for Adults who wish to work with children or youth at Argyle Road Baptist Church. We believe this information is necessary to protect our children and volunteers and to effectively place our volunteers in ministry positions.
Information received is confidential and is being gathered for the purposes of screening ministry personnel and placing them into ministry with children or youth. The information gathered here will be used for the purposes of supporting the ministries at Argyle Road Baptist Church.
When you submit this form, it goes to the pastor of the church for approval. It will then be stored securely in the church office and treated as confidential. The only others who will have access to it as needed are the Chair of the Deacons and the head(s) of Children’s or Youth ministries.
Present and Previous Ministry Experience:
Experience is not necessarily Required.
In order to provide a safe and secure environment for our children and youth, we believe it is necessary to include the following questions as part of our application process. All information will be kept confidential by church leadership. (Police may access this information, under warrant, if requested.) Answering yes to any of the questions may not necessarily preclude your involvement in ministry. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Please provide the names of two individuals, excluding relatives, who could provide a reference for you. Include at least one reference from outside the church.
Statement of Faith – CBWC
While not a denomination that emphasizes creeds or formulas, the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada (CBWC) affirm wholeheartedly the revelation of God given in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and confess the faith therein set forth. We here explicitly assert the doctrines which we regard as crucial to the understanding and proclamation of the Gospel and to practical Christian living:
- The sovereignty, love, and grace of God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration of Holy Scripture and its entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The value of each human being as created by God. The universal sinfulness of humankind since the fall, which alienates all from God and subjects all to condemnation.
- The full deity and humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, whose substitutionary sacrifice is the sole ground of redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
- The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God, the Holy Spirit, in the believer.
- The church as set forth in the New Testament and understood historically by the Baptist community.
- The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ, our participation in the resurrection and the hope of eternal life.
Release of Information and Declaration of Intent:
Submitting this form is the same as providing a written signature.