We will have an outdoor Soft Start Summer program for children of all ages beginning on July 18. Children 3 and under must be accompanied by a parent. Other parents and older children are also welcome. Meet on the church lawn and then walk to the park behind the church. Children will be distanced on blankets. There will be about half an hour of singing, Scripture reading and story/lesson time. After that, children (and families) will play in the park and become acquainted/reacquainted with each other.
We plan to restart our indoor Children’s Ministry programs on September 12.
We value each child that comes through our doors, and strive to provide a safe and welcoming environment where each one can learn about Jesus in an age-appropriate way. We have Sunday morning options for all ages:
- Nursery available (beside the sanctuary) for babies & their caregivers. Your child can sleep or play while you watch and listen to the service through the window.
- Toddler Care (ages 1 & 2) in Classroom 1, downstairs. Supervised playtime while you worship upstairs.
- Godly Play (ages 3-5) in the Children’s Worship Center next to the sanctuary, following Children’s Time. Bible stories, crafts, and unstructured story-related play in a calm and worshipful environment.
- Argyle City (Gr. 1-6) downstairs following Children’s Time. You name it, we do it: stories, crafts, drawing, cooking, painting, drama, carpentry, games, science experiments, singing, journaling, praying for each other…
Our Argyle City program is based on the co-operative Rotation model, with creative ideas shared by thousands of churches worldwide. We do eleven stories or topics a year (plus a Christmas play and Holy Week activities) with three workshops for each story. This allows us to explore different aspects of each story and learn it in depth. Over six years we go from Genesis through Revelation, and then we begin again.
Our regular programming runs from the Sunday after Labour Day in September to the church picnic at the end of June. In July and August we switch to a summer program.
We have a comprehensive Plan to Protect manual that all children’s workers must follow. Everyone who works with children at ARBC is screened and has a clean Criminal Record Check.
Parents of children who attend our programs are asked to fill out a registration form for each child. This helps us keep your children safe and care for them appropriately. You can:
- download the form, print and fill it out for each child, and bring the form(s) to church. Please put it/them in the Secretary’s mailbox at the back of the sanctuary.
- fill in the form online for each child. The information will go to our church office, where it will be stored securely.
(Photo credit: Priscilla du Preez on Unsplash.com)