New in Canada?
Want to improve your English?
Interested in local history and culture?
These are just some of the reasons we often have 20-30 people join us each Saturday.
Meet with us for “a time of learning and friendship.”
Saturdays, 3:00 – 5:00 pm (September through May). Various activities are also planned in the summer months.
Argyle Road Baptist Church (meet in the lower hall)
3510 Argyle Road (corner of 23rd Ave)
Regina, SK S4S 2B8
Why come to our program?
We provide a warm accepting community where you will:
- Practice your English skills
- Make new friends
- Learn about Canadian/Western culture/religion
- Enjoy coffee and snacks
We offer free classes at two levels:
Beginning English with bilingual Chinese/English teacher
- Class meets for two hours each week
- Focus is “practical life” English
Advanced English with Canadian English teachers
- Two 45-minute sessions with different teachers
- Focus is English vocabulary, pronunciation, current events and Western culture
Come whenever you can
Classes are informal. You do not have to commit to attend every week. You do not have to sign up in advance.
Bring friends and family members; visitors are always welcome.
Contact us and we will do our best to help:
- Church office (Monday – Friday) 306.586.9255 or ARBC@sasktel.net
- Transportation coordinators: 306.585.0695 or Ron_and_Roberta@hotmail.com
As demand requires and qualified help is available, we provide free child care for children ages 3 through 6 each week; children 7 & older attend a youth class with activities geared to their age level.
Other fun and interesting activities
You will be invited to other activities and events throughout the year, such as:
- Group tours to museums and cultural events
- Evening walking groups around the lake (with English practice)
- Summer BBQ and picnic events; winter group activities, often in cooperation with other Regina International groups.
- Argyle Road Baptist Church services, classes, and activities; newcomers and visitors are always welcome
- A fall camp provided by our Mandarin Fellowship. Watch for announcements.