Welcome to Argyle Road Baptist Church! Here is a brief description of what is happening in our church.
9:30 a.m. – Grow-Learn-Connect (GLC) group led by Pastor Ryan in the church library. Currently studying the minor Minor Prophets.
9:30 a.m. – Connections Café on zoom: Scripture, discussion, prayer and fellowship. This is on pause now that more people are attending worship services in person again. If you would like to be in this group, contact the office.
10:30 a.m. – In-Person worship service: worship through music, Scripture reading, and a meditation on the Scripture from Pastor Ryan. The Lord’s Supper is celebrated on the first Sunday of every month. When Pastor Ryan is away we have guest speakers or special services run by the deacons.
10:30 a.m. – Children’s Programs for children up to Grade 5 and young people up to Grade 12. Children and youth start out in the worship service with their parents and go out to their various programs after the singing. In the summer, children are together downstairs or sometimes outside. The Nursery and Toddler room are still available for children and caregivers.
Ages 0-1 – A comfortable nursery next to the sanctuary with a rocking chair, crib, and toys where you can relax with your little one and still see and hear the worship service.
Ages 1-2 – Toddler Care in a large room with lots to do. Someone will be there to care for your child, or you can stay if you prefer.
Ages 3-5 – Godly Play in the Gathering Place next to the Sanctuary. Age-appropriate worship, Bible stories and activities.
Grades 1-5 – Argyle City in two classrooms downstairs. You never know what will be happening except that it will have something to do with making Scripture come alive to this curious age group. Games, crafts, art, carpentry, cooking, drama, Lego, songwriting…
Grades 6-12 – Argyle Suburbs in the office building lounge. They meet for a time of videos and discussion and snacks. Some of our youth also serve as assistants in other children’s programs or on the worship team. We strive to include our youth in church life and ministry.
All of our Children’s and Youth Ministry volunteers are screened and have a clean Criminal Record Check as part of our Plan to Protect policy. To help us keep your children safe and place them appropriately, please register them on our website. Paper forms are also available at the church if you prefer.
During the Week
- 7:30 pm – Mandarin Bible study for newcomers over zoom
- 7:00 pm – Recovery Group for those struggling with grief, addictions, or anything else. (This group is facilitated by a member of Living Springs Pentecostal church.) Please contact the church if you would like to know more.
- noon – Men’s Fellowship Group on zoom
- 10:30 am – Prayer Group on zoom
- 7:00 pm – Mandarin Bible Study on zoom
- 11 am – Grow-Learn-Connect Bible study group over zoom
- 3 pm – Bible study for people learning English (in person)
- 7 pm – Mandarin Prayer Group.
Contact the office to find out more about any of these. For other events, see our Church Announcement Page.
What About COVID?
We are following provincial health orders.
- Masks are no longer mandatory in public indoor spaces in Saskatchewan, but you are welcome to wear one. We provide disposable masks for children and adults at the door.
- We have hand sanitizer dispensers at both entrances and at other locations in the church. We also have washrooms with soap and water if you prefer to wash your hands.
- If you are sick, please stay home until your symptoms are gone. If you get COVID, please stay home until you are clear of symptoms for 48 hours. Thank you for caring for others.
- People have different levels of comfort with being in groups. Please ask before you hug someone or sit or stand next to them, and don’t feel offended if someone moves away from you. Conversely, please feel free to ask for more space if you need it.
- All areas of the church where people gather are cleaned regularly.
- We are not handing out paper bulletins or passing the offering trays. Offerings can be placed in a locked box at the back of the sanctuary or given electronically. Contact the office if you would like to contribute in this way.
- Announcements are on our website and are emailed out each week to those on our email list.
- Many gatherings are still happening over zoom. Check out our Online Ministry page for details. Self-serve Sunday services and archived worship services are also available online.
Header Photo by Masaaki Komori on Unsplash