Welcome to Argyle Road Baptist Church! Here is a brief description of what is happening in our church this fall.
9:30 a.m. – Grow-Learn-Connect (GLC) group led by Pastor Ryan in the church library.
9:30 a.m. – Connections Café on zoom: Scripture, discussion, prayer and fellowship. Contact the office if you would like to come.
10:30 a.m. – In-Person worship service: worship through music, Scripture reading, and a meditation on the Scripture from Pastor Ryan. The Lord’s Supper is celebrated on the first Sunday of every month.
10:30 a.m. – Children’s Programs for children up to Grade 6. Children start out in the worship service with their parents and go out to their various programs after the singing.
Ages 0-1 – A comfortable nursery next to the sanctuary with a rocking chair, crib, and toys where you can relax with your little one and still see and hear the worship service.
Ages 1-2 – Toddler Care in a large room with lots to do. Someone will be there to care for your child, or you can stay if you prefer.
Ages 3-5 – Godly Play in the Gathering Place next to the Sanctuary. Age-appropriate worship, Bible stories and activities.
Grades 1-6 – Argyle City in two classrooms downstairs. You never know what will be happening except that it will have something to do with making Scripture come alive to this curious age group. Games, crafts, art, carpentry, cooking, drama, Lego, songwriting…
Grades 7 and up – Programs are still being worked out for this fall. Some of our youth serve as assistants in other children’s programs or on the worship team. We strive to include our youth in church life and ministry.
All of our Children’s and Youth Ministry volunteers are screened and have a clean Criminal Record Check as part of our Plan to Protect policy. To help us keep your children safe and place them appropriately, please register them on our website. Paper forms are also available at the church if you prefer.
During the Week
- 7:30 pm – Mandarin Bible study for newcomers over zoom
- 7:00 pm at the church – Recovery Group for those struggling with grief, addictions, or anything else. (This group is facilitated by a member of Living Springs Pentecostal church.)
- noon – Men’s Fellowship Group on zoom
- 10:30 am – Prayer Group on zoom
- 7:00 pm – Mandarin Bible Study at the church
- 10 am – Grow-Learn-Connect group over zoom
- 7 pm – Mandarin Prayer Group over zoom
For more information, see our Church Announcement Page.
What About COVID?
We are following provincial health orders. This means that masks are now mandatory inside the building. As well:
- If you are sick at all, please stay home until your symptoms are gone. Early or mild COVID symptoms can feel like a common cold. If you get COVID, please stay home until you have received a negative test, and then let the church office know you are clear. Thank you for caring for others.
- Pews on one side of the sanctuary are open so you may sit where you like. The other side has some pews blocked off to facilitate social distancing. You can choose which side you feel comfortable sitting in.
- People have different levels of comfort with easing restrictions. Please ask before you hug someone or sit or stand next to them, and don’t feel offended if someone moves away from you. Conversely, please feel free to ask for more space if you need it.
- We have hand sanitizer dispensers at both entrances and at other locations in the church. We also have washrooms with soap and water if you prefer to wash your hands. Please keep your hands clean!
- All areas of the church where people gather are cleaned regularly.
- We are not handing out paper bulletins or passing the offering trays. Offerings can be placed in a locked box at the back of the sanctuary or given electronically. Contact the office if you would like to contribute in this way.
- Announcements are on our website and are emailed out each week to those on our email list.
- All school-aged children, adults and helpers involved in Children’s Ministry must wear masks. Disposable masks are available if you forget to bring your own. Hand sanitizer dispensers are in place outside the Children’s Ministry areas, and everyone will sanitize or wash their hands before coming in.
- Many gatherings are still happening over zoom. Check out our Online Ministry page for details. Self-serve Sunday services and archived worship services are also available online.