What About COVID?
Provincial COVID restrictions are lifting on July 11, and our church is opening up as well! Here are some things to know:
- You no longer have to register to attend a Sunday service. You can just come. The only limit on attendance now is the number of seats — although we plan to allow extra space for those who still want it.
- Masks and social distancing are not required, but are still encouraged, especially if you haven’t been fully vaccinated or are at risk.
- You are now allowed to bring a drink with you into the church, and snacks for the little ones.
- People have different levels of comfort with easing restrictions. Please ask before you hug someone or sit or stand next to them, and don’t feel offended if someone moves away from you. Conversely, please feel free to ask for more space if you need it. If someone is wearing a mask, assume they want to continue social distancing.
- We have hand sanitizer dispensers at various locations in the church. Please use them!
- COVID has not gone away and we don’t want to take the chance on passing on any illness in the church. If you are sick at all, please stay home until your symptoms are gone. If you get COVID, please stay home until you have received a negative test. Thank you for caring for others.
Church in the Summer
Pastor Ryan will be on vacation from July 18 to August 15, so the Deacons are planning worship services for these weeks. Here is what’s happening:
July 11 – Connections Café at 9:30 and in-person worship at 10:30 with Pastor Ryan. Sorry, no children’s activities until next week.
July 18 – Outdoor church in Kinsman Park! No Connections Café. Summer children’s program begins outside in the park. See details below.
July 25 – Indoor church service. Outdoor children’s program in the park. Meet on the church lawn.
August 1 – Indoor church service with the Lord’s Supper. Outdoor children’s program.
August 8 – Indoor church service. Outdoor children’s program.
August 15 – Another outdoor church service in Kinsman Park with the Lord’s Supper. Outdoor children’s program.
August 22 – Indoor church service with Pastor Ryan. Outdoor children’s program.
August 29 – Indoor church service with Pastor Ryan. Outdoor children’s program.
September 5 – Indoor church service with Pastor Ryan. Outdoor children’s program.
September 12 – A new season begins! Stay tuned for details.
Summer Children’s Program
Children of all ages are welcome to join our team outside for a time of learning about God and getting to know each other (again). Parents and older children and youth are also welcome to join in. Children 3 and under must be accompanied by a parent.
The first session on July 18 will take place alongside our outdoor church service in Kinsman Park (behind the church and a block up the street). Other weeks, the group will meet on the church lawn and then walk to the park. Children will be distanced on blankets as much as possible. There will be about half an hour of singing, Scripture reading and story/lesson time. After that, children (and families) will play in the park and become acquainted/reacquainted with each other.
All of our volunteers and screened and have a clean Criminal Record Check. To help us keep your children safe, please register them for the program on our website.