Sunday worship does not look the same as it did before the COVID-19 shutdown, but God is not limited by the pandemic. We continue to worship in the hope and knowledge that God, who began a good work within us, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. (Philippians 1:6 – NLT)
Our church capacity is now 30 people, and you will need to register in advance if you would like to come.
- You can register for a single service, for a block of services, or to be put on a list of people who come every week.
- Registrations will be taken in first-come, first-served order.
- Those who come every week may be asked to stay home once in a while to accommodate people who come less regularly. Requests will be made on a rotating basis.
- If a Sunday service is already full and there is no one to give you a spot, you will be placed at the top of the list for the next service you wish to go to.
- You can register on the form on this page, or you can phone or email the office. Since the church secretary is working from home, you can also phone her there.
- You will be emailed or phoned or texted to confirm your registration.
- If you are unable to attend a service you registered for, please let us know so someone else can take your spot.
- If you feel sick, are waiting for the results of a COVID test, have traveled in the past two weeks, or have been in contact with someone who has COVID, please stay home and worship there. We have online worship services and a Sunday Zoom Connections Cafe for at-home worship.
If you have had COVID…
We have a new church protocol for those who have recovered from COVID and would like to return to in-person Sunday worship. Following these steps will ensure that others in the service know that it is safe for you to return. We don’t want people to feel afraid in church, and we thank you for caring.
Before you return, please email the church and certify that you have:
- had a negative COVID test
- have followed all of the requirements of the health district (such as remaining home for the required number of days or until all symptoms are gone for 48 hours).
Once we receive this, we will welcome you back to the Sunday list. If you give us permission, we will also include a praise item in our weekly email that you are recovered. Then when you return, everyone will know and will not worry. Thank you.
New and Important:
The province has tightened the restrictions for in-person worship services. Here are some things you need to know:
- You must wear a mask over your mouth and nose at all times during the service.
- No food or drink is allowed in the building. This means no coffee cups, no snacks for yourself or the kids, no water bottles.
The only exception to these rules is that we can hand out disposable communion cups on Communion Sundays and remove our masks briefly to partake. Thank you for following the health orders and helping to keep our community safe during this time. We look forward with you to the day when these restrictions are no longer necessary.
To register for a Sunday Worship Service, please fill out the form below. You will be emailed (or phoned if you prefer) to confirm your registration. Thank you!
Our COVID Procedures
Here is what we are doing to conform to the provincial guidelines for worship services:
- Everyone will enter through the main (north) door. There are marks on the floor to help maintain 2 m (6 ft) distance between people.
- Someone will greet you at the door to spray your hands with sanitizer.
- Masks are required at all times in the building. We have masks available if you don’t have your own.
- No food or drink may be present or served in the building. This includes coffee or other beverages or snacks that are brought in. None are allowed at this time.
- An usher will show you to your seat, and once you are seated, you will need to remain in your place except for emergencies.
- On Communion Sundays, you will be given a pre-packaged, disposable communion cup and wafer at the door. (This is the only exception to the food and drink rule above.)
- The cup contains grape juice preserved with potassium sorbate and a wafer made of bleached flour, water and salt. If you have dietary restrictions and cannot use these, please bring your own.
- Please take the cup and lids with you and put them in the garbage when you leave. Thank you!
- There is a box at the door for donations. You can also donate by e-transfer or automatic withdrawal. Contact the office for details.
- There is no children’s programming at this time, and we are not allowed to hand out clipboards or other materials. Children will need to remain with you in the pew, and you will have to provide activities for them to do.
- After the service, the pews on the north (screen) side will exit out the north door. Pews on the south (window) side will exit out the south door. You may visit outside if you maintain the appropriate social distancing of 2 m between people in different households.
- All areas of the church except the sanctuary and the doors will be blocked off.
- Volunteers are needed for the following. You can volunteer on the registration form.
- to spray sanitizer on people’s hands at the door and hand out masks and communion elements as needed.
- to usher people to their seats.
- to sanitize the pews, door handles and so on after the service.
We will adapt to changes in guidelines as they come, and post updates on this page.
We know we are always safe in God’s love, and we want to keep everyone safe in body as well! Thank you to everyone for your flexibility and willingness to adapt and try new things during this unsettled time.