Our church is cautiously re-opening on August 2!
Sunday worship will not look the same as it did before the COVID-19 shutdown, but God is not limited by the pandemic. We continue in the hope and knowledge that God, who began a good work within us, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. (Philippians 1:6 – NLT)
To register for a Sunday Worship Service, please fill out the form below. You will be emailed (or phoned if you prefer) to confirm your registration.
As we follow the provincial guidelines for re-opening, here are some changes you will see:
- With the prescribed social distancing, our church capacity is now a maximum of 30 people, including Pastor Ryan, the worship team, and the sound booth person. This means that you will have to pre-register for each Sunday service you wish to attend.
- Registrations will be taken in first-come, first-served order.
- If a Sunday service is already full, you will be placed at the top of the list for the next service you want to go to.
- You can register on the form at the bottom of this page, or you can phone or email the office.
- You will be emailed or phoned to confirm your registration.
- If you are unable to attend a service you registered for, please let us know well in advance so someone else can take your spot.
- Our online worship services and Sunday Connections Cafe will continue.
- Only the main (north) door will be used for entrances and exits. The south door will remain accessible from the inside only, in case of emergency.
- There will be lines on the sidewalk to help maintain the prescribed 2-metre distance between families outside the church.
- At the door, you will be required to sanitize your hands.
- Please bring a mask if you have one. We have a small number of masks available if you don’t have your own. Masks are required for singing.
- An usher will show you to your seat. Pews will be filled from back to front. Once you are seated, you will need to remain in your spot except for emergencies. The centre aisle will be blocked off.
- On Communion Sundays, you will be given a pre-packaged, disposable communion cup and wafer at the door.
- The cup contains grape juice preserved with potassium sorbate and a wafer made of bleached flour, water and salt. If you have dietary restrictions and cannot use these, please bring your own.
- Please take the cup and lids with you and put them in the garbage when you leave. Thank you!
- Depending on who is coming, there may be a worship team or we may use videos. You may sing if you are wearing a mask.
- There will be a drop-box for donations.
- There is no children’s programming at this time, and we are not allowed to hand out clipboards or other activities. The children will have to remain with you in the pew, and you will have to provide activities for them to do.
- After the service, the pews will be emptied from front to back and there will be no visiting in the sanctuary. You may visit outside if you maintain the appropriate social distancing of 2 m between people in different households.
- All areas of the church except the sanctuary and the area around the front door will be blocked off.
- Volunteers will be needed:
- to draw chalk lines on the sidewalk before the service
- to greet people at the door, spray sanitizer on their hands, and hand out masks and communion elements as needed.
- to take people to their seats.
- to sanitize the pews, door handles and so on after the service.
Pastor Ryan or a member of the Property Committee will meet with volunteers before the service to give instructions.
These are the current restrictions, and we expect them to change as we get closer to fall. We will adapt to the changes as they come, and post updates on this page.
We know we are always safe in God’s love, and we want to keep everyone safe in body as well! Thank you to everyone for your flexibility and willingness to adapt and try new things during this unsettled time.