Sunday worship does not look the same as it did before the COVID-19 shutdown, but God is not limited by the pandemic. We continue to worship in the hope and knowledge that God, who began a good work within us, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. (Philippians 1:6 – NLT)
Note: If you would prefer to attend our Sunday morning Zoom gathering at 9:30 am, you can register to get the link here.
Our church capacity is 30 people (the provincial limit).
- You can register for a single service, for a block of services, or to be put on a list of people who come every week.
- Registrations will be taken in first-come, first-served order.
- Those who come every week may be asked to stay home once in a while to accommodate people who come less regularly. Requests will be made on a rotating basis.
- If a Sunday service is already full and there is no one to give you a spot, you will be placed at the top of the list for the next service you wish to go to.
- You can register on the form on this page, or you can phone or email the office. Since the church secretary is working from home, you can also phone her there.
- You will be emailed or phoned or texted to confirm your registration.
- If you are unable to attend a service you registered for, please let us know so someone else can take your spot.
- If you feel sick, are waiting for the results of a COVID test, have traveled in the past two weeks, or have been in contact with someone who has COVID, please stay home and worship there. We have online worship services and a Sunday Zoom Connections Cafe for at-home worship.
If you have had COVID…
We have a church protocol for those who have recovered from COVID and would like to return to in-person Sunday worship. Following these steps will ensure that others in the service know that it is safe for you to return. We don’t want people to feel afraid in church, and we thank you for caring.
Before you return, please email the church and certify that you have:
- had a negative COVID test
- have followed all of the requirements of the health district (such as remaining home for the required number of days or until all symptoms are gone for 48 hours).
If you give us permission, we will also include a praise item in our weekly email that you are recovered. Then when you return, everyone will know and will not worry. Thank you.
- Masks must be worn over the mouth and nose at all times during the service.
- No food or drink is allowed in the building. This means no coffee cups, no snacks for yourself or the kids, no water bottles.
- Social distancing of 6 feet (2 m) must be maintained.
The only exception is that we can hand out disposable communion cups on Communion Sundays and remove our masks briefly to partake. Thank you for following the health orders and helping to keep our community safe during this time. We look forward with you to the day when these restrictions are no longer needed.
To register for a Sunday Worship Service, please fill out the form below. You will be emailed (or phoned if you prefer) to confirm your registration. Thank you!
Our COVID Procedures
Here is what we are doing to conform to the provincial guidelines for worship services:
- Everyone enters through the main (north) door. There are marks on the floor to help maintain 2 m (6 ft) distance between people.
- Someone will greet you at the door to spray your hands with sanitizer.
- Masks are required at all times in the building. We have masks available.
- No food or drink may be present or served. Please leave your coffee, other beverages or snacks in your vehicle or outside the door.
- Enter the sanctuary from the back and fill pews from front to back. An usher will direct you in. Stay in your seat except for emergencies (the washroom is available).
- On Communion Sundays, you can pick up a pre-packaged, disposable communion cup at the door. (This is the only exception to the food and drink rule above.)
- The cup contains grape juice preserved with potassium sorbate and a wafer made of bleached flour, water and salt. If you have dietary restrictions and cannot use these, please bring your own.
- Please take the cup and lids with you and put them in the garbage can by the doors when you leave. Thank you!
- Donations can be placed in the box at the door. You can also donate by e-transfer or automatic withdrawal. Contact the office for details.
- There is no children’s programming at this time, and we are not allowed to hand out clipboards or other materials. Children will need to remain with you in the pew, and you will have to provide activities for them.
- After the service, the people on the north (screen) side will exit out the north door. People on the south (window) side will exit out the south door. You may visit outside if you maintain the appropriate social distancing of 2 m (6 ft.) between people in different households.
- All areas of the church except the sanctuary and the doors are blocked off.
- Volunteers are needed for the following. You can volunteer on the registration form.
- to spray sanitizer on people’s hands at the door and hand out masks and communion elements as needed.
- to usher people to their seats.
- to sanitize the pews, door handles and so on after the service.
We will adapt to changes in guidelines as they come, and post updates on this page.
We know we are always safe in God’s love, and we want to keep everyone safe in body as well! Thank you to everyone for your flexibility and willingness to adapt and try new things during this unsettled time.