Sunday, July 26, 2020
1 How joyful are those who fear the Lord—
all who follow his ways!
2 You will enjoy the fruit of your labor.
How joyful and prosperous you will be!
3 Your wife will be like a fruitful grapevine,
flourishing within your home.
Your children will be like vigorous young olive trees
as they sit around your table.
4 That is the Lord’s blessing
for those who fear him.
5 May the Lord continually bless you from Zion.
May you see Jerusalem prosper as long as you live.
6 May you live to enjoy your grandchildren.
May Israel have peace!
1 凡 敬 畏 耶 和 华 、 遵 行 他 道 的 人 便 为 有 福 ！
2 你 要 吃 劳 碌 得 来 的 ； 你 要 享 福 ， 事 情 顺 利 。
3 你 妻 子 在 你 的 内 室 ， 好 像 多 结 果 子 的 葡 萄 树 ； 你 儿 女 围 绕 你 的 桌 子 ， 好 像 橄 榄 栽 子 。
4 看 哪 ， 敬 畏 耶 和 华 的 人 必 要 这 样 蒙 福 ！
5 愿 耶 和 华 从 锡 安 赐 福 给 你 ！ 愿 你 一 生 一 世 看 见 耶 路 撒 冷 的 好 处 ！
6 愿 你 看 见 你 儿 女 的 儿 女 ！ 愿 平 安 归 於 以 色 列 ！
Worship and Communion Songs:
Yet Not I But Through Christ in Me – CityAlight
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing – Fernando Orteda
I Will Wait for You (Psalm 130) – Keith and Kristyn Getty
Letter W in our Alphabet of Verses
We love because he first loved us. ~ 1 John 4:19
我 们 爱 ， 因 为 神 先 爱 我 们 。 ~ 約 翰 一 書 4:19
Imagine that someone asked you to give them a dollar. Would you be more likely to give them one if you had twenty dollars or if you only had one? Twenty, right?
Or imagine that you had one cookie. Would you be more likely to give it away if you had just eaten lunch and three cookies or if it was still two hours to supper and this was your only snack? I bet it would be easier to give away your cookie if you were already full.
Our verse today says “We love because he (Jesus) first loved us.” It comes from a book in the Bible written by John, who was called “the disciple that Jesus loved.” Jesus loved all the disciples, of course, but John was maybe his closest friend. In this verse, John tells us that he was so full of love from Jesus that he had lots left over to share with other people.
In the picture, the dad looks like he loves his daughter a lot, and the little girl looks so happy to be close to him. If someone she knew needed some love, I bet she would have plenty to share. Jesus loves us as much as the dad in the picture loves his daughter, and even more. Let’s spend some time with Jesus today, reading about him in the Bible, and praying, so we will be filled up with so much love that we have lots left over to share with the people around us.
Our Father, thank you for how much you love us, and for how much Jesus loves us. Help us know you better so we can be filled up with your love and share it all around. Amen.
Prayer for our World:
Our prayer is from CBM, the Missions branch of our denomination. Each week one of their staff prepares a prayer for a different part of the world. You can read (and sometimes listen to) this week’s prayer here: https://www.cbmin.org/prayerline/.
Scripture: The Kingdom of Heaven
31 Here is another illustration Jesus used: “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a mustard seed planted in a field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but it becomes the largest of garden plants; it grows into a tree, and birds come and make nests in its branches.”
33 Jesus also used this illustration: “The Kingdom of Heaven is like the yeast a woman used in making bread. Even though she put only a little yeast in three measures of flour, it permeated every part of the dough.”
44 “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure that a man discovered hidden in a field. In his excitement, he hid it again and sold everything he owned to get enough money to buy the field.
45 “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a merchant on the lookout for choice pearls. 46 When he discovered a pearl of great value, he sold everything he owned and bought it!
47 “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a fishing net that was thrown into the water and caught fish of every kind. When the net was full, they dragged it up onto the shore, sat down, and sorted the good fish into crates, but threw the bad ones away. That is the way it will be at the end of the world. The angels will come and separate the wicked people from the righteous, throwing the wicked into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Do you understand all these things?”
“Yes,” they said, “we do.”
Then he added, “Every teacher of religious law who becomes a disciple in the Kingdom of Heaven is like a homeowner who brings from his storeroom new gems of truth as well as old.”
31 他 又 设 个 比 喻 对 他 们 说 ： 天 国 好 像 一 粒 芥 菜 种 ， 有 人 拿 去 种 在 田 里 。
32 这 原 是 百 种 里 最 小 的 ， 等 到 长 起 来 ， 却 比 各 样 的 菜 都 大 ， 且 成 了 树 ， 天 上 的 飞 鸟 来 宿 在 他 的 枝 上 。
33 他 又 对 他 们 讲 个 比 喻 说 ： 天 国 好 像 面 酵 ， 有 妇 人 拿 来 ， 藏 在 三 斗 面 里 ， 直 等 全 团 都 发 起 来 。
44 天 国 好 像 宝 贝 藏 在 地 里 ， 人 遇 见 了 就 把 他 藏 起 来 ， 欢 欢 喜 喜 的 去 变 卖 一 切 所 有 的 ， 买 这 块 地 。
45 天 国 又 好 像 买 卖 人 寻 找 好 珠 子 ，
46 遇 见 一 颗 重 价 的 珠 子 ， 就 去 变 卖 他 一 切 所 有 的 ， 买 了 这 颗 珠 子 。
47 天 国 又 好 像 网 撒 在 海 里 ， 聚 拢 各 样 水 族 ，
48 网 既 满 了 ， 人 就 拉 上 岸 来 ， 坐 下 ， 拣 好 的 收 在 器 具 里 ， 将 不 好 的 丢 弃 了 。
49 世 界 的 末 了 也 要 这 样 。 天 使 要 出 来 ， 从 义 人 中 把 恶 人 分 别 出 来 ，
50 丢 在 火 炉 里 ； 在 那 里 必 要 哀 哭 切 齿 了 。
51 耶 稣 说 ： 这 一 切 的 话 你 们 都 明 白 了 麽 ？ 他 们 说 ： 我 们 明 白 了 。
52 他 说 ： 凡 文 士 受 教 作 天 国 的 门 徒 ， 就 像 一 个 家 主 从 他 库 里 拿 出 新 旧 的 东 西 来 。
Pastor Ryan has completed his video series on Spiritual Disciplines. He will begin a new video series in August. You can view any of the videos, or listen to sermons from the past, on our Sermon page. You can search the sermons by date, by category in the sidebar and footer of this website.
My Jesus, I Love Thee – Selah
May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus. Then all of you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen. ~Romans 15:5-6 (NLT)
5 但 愿 赐 忍 耐 安 慰 的 神 叫 你 们 彼 此 同 心 ， 效 法 基 督 耶 稣 ，
6 一 心 一 口 荣 耀 神 ─ 我 们 主 耶 稣 基 督 的 父 ！ ~ 羅 馬 書 15:5-6 (CUVS)
Suggested Sunday Services to Watch:
Pastor Rick Warren at Saddleback church: any time https://saddleback.com/watch
Pastor Andy Stanley at Northpoint church: any time https://northpoint.org/live
Pastor Jeremy Peters at St. Albert Alliance Church: 11 am https://staalliance.org/livestream/
News, Notes, and Needs
- Our church will resume in-person worship services in accordance with provincial guidelines on August 2, 2020. Because our capacity will be limited, it will be necessary to register in advance for each Sunday service. Find out more and register here.
- For those worshiping at home, we will continue to provide this online Sunday worship service, Pastor Ryan’s mid-week videos, and Zoom groups on Sunday and through the week.
- You can find all of Pastor Ryan’s videos on the Spiritual Disciplines at:
- We also have YouTube playlists of songs:
- We are on Facebook!
- Our Facebook ARBC Community group is a place for our church family to share stories, prayer requests, links to encouraging content, and more. If you haven’t joined yet, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArgyleRoad/ and click “Join”.
- Our Argyle Road Baptist Church Facebook Page is where we share links of interest to our congregation and the wider community. Find us at https://www.facebook.com/Argyle-Road-Baptist-Church-1595850577308715
- Pastor Ryan is on holidays from July 6 to July 26. Sharon is on holidays from July 13 to July 26. If you need something, please contact one of the deacons: Ed, Oksana, Linda, Katherine, or Joleen.
- A number of church groups are now meeting via Zoom. Check our COVID-19 page for a list and contact the office if you would like to join a group.
- If you have a prayer request, please let the church office know and we will pass it on to the prayer group. Or share it on the FB ARBC Community group and people in that group will pray with you.
- If you need other help, such as getting groceries while isolated, some people have volunteered to help. Let the church office know and we will find someone to help. If you can help, please also let the office know. Thank you!