Join us to worship together, though apart, now that our Sunday services have moved online because of the COVID-19 virus.
Sunday, April 19
7 I will bless the Lord who guides me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
9 No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.
My body rests in safety.
10 For you will not leave my soul among the dead
or allow your holy one to rot in the grave.
11 You will show me the way of life,
granting me the joy of your presence
and the pleasures of living with you forever.
7 我 必 称 颂 那 指 教 我 的 耶 和 华 ；
我 的 心 肠 在 夜 间 也 警 戒 我 。
8 我 将 耶 和 华 常 摆 在 我 面 前 ，
因 他 在 我 右 边 ， 我 便 不 致 摇 动 。
9 因 此 ， 我 的 心 欢 喜 ， 我 的 灵 （ 原 文 是 荣 耀 ） 快 乐 ；
我 的 肉 身 也 要 安 然 居 住 。
10 因 为 你 必 不 将 我 的 灵 魂 撇 在 阴 间 ，
也 不 叫 你 的 圣 者 见 朽 坏 。
11 你 必 将 生 命 的 道 路 指 示 我 。
在 你 面 前 有 满 足 的 喜 乐 ；
在 你 右 手 中 有 永 远 的 福 乐 。
Selah – Yet Not I but Through Christ in Me
Chris Tomlin – Jesus
Virtual Choir – In Christ Alone
Gaither Vocal Band – Worthy the Lamb
O: Our Father, which art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. ~ Matthew 6:9
你 们 祷 告 要 这 样 说 ： 我 们 在 天 上 的 父 ： 愿 人 都 尊 你 的 名 为 圣 。
~ 馬 太 福 音 6:9
Prayer is talking to God. Have you ever wondered how to pray, or what you should say to God? Jesus’ disciples did. They asked Jesus to teach them, and he gave them a prayer to use as a guide. We call it “The Lord’s Prayer”, and our memory verse today is the first part of it. (Some people call it “The Our Father”. Can you guess why?)
The verse above is in old-fashioned English, where “which art” means “who is”; “Hallowed” means “holy”; “Thy” means “your”. Here is what it sounds like in the International Children’s Bible:
Our Father in heaven, we pray that your name will always be kept holy.
What can we learn about praying from this? First, that we can talk to God the way we talk to a father who loves us very much. In the picture above, the boy looks so happy to be with his dad, and his dad looks happy to be with him! When you pray, think of God being happy to spend time with you.
Look at the picture again. The boy looks like he would do anything his dad asks. When we pray that God’s name will always be kept holy, it means we want everything we do to bring God honour and glory. We want to do the things he wants us to do. We want to make God happy, just like the boy in the picture wants to please his dad.
Our Father, thank you that you love us so much that you want us to come and talk to you. Please help us love you back by doing the things you want us to do. Amen.
Here is a video of some children singing the Lord’s Prayer. You can do the actions and sing along with them!
44 Then he said, “When I was with you before, I told you that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and in the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. 46 And he said, “Yes, it was written long ago that the Messiah would suffer and die and rise from the dead on the third day. 47 It was also written that this message would be proclaimed in the authority of his name to all the nations, beginning in Jerusalem: ‘There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.’ 48 You are witnesses of all these things.
49 “And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven.”
44 耶 稣 对 他 们 说 ： 这 就 是 我 从 前 与 你 们 同 在 之 时 所 告 诉 你 们 的 话 说 ： 摩 西 的 律 法 、 先 知 的 书 ， 和 诗 篇 上 所 记 的 ， 凡 指 着 我 的 话 都 必 须 应 验 。
45 於 是 耶 稣 开 他 们 的 心 窍 ， 使 他 们 能 明 白 圣 经 ，
46 又 对 他 们 说 ： 照 经 上 所 写 的 ， 基 督 必 受 害 ， 第 三 日 从 死 里 复 活 ，
47 并 且 人 要 奉 他 的 名 传 悔 改 、 赦 罪 的 道 ， 从 耶 路 撒 冷 起 直 传 到 万 邦 。
48 你 们 就 是 这 些 事 的 见 证 。
49 我 要 将 我 父 所 应 许 的 降 在 你 们 身 上 ， 你 们 要 在 城 里 等 候 ， 直 到 你 们 领 受 从 上 头 来 的 能 力 。
Pastor Ryan’s videos are available for viewing throughout the week. But if you would like to watch them now, here are his new videos on the Spiritual Discipline of Prayer.
Danny Gokey – Give Me Jesus
All praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the source of every mercy, the God of all consolation.
Do not rely on yourselves alone, but put your trust in him.
For the God who can raise the dead to life again
will also deliver you!
Suggested Sunday Services to Watch
Pastor Rick Warren at Saddleback church: any time https://saddleback.com/watch
Pastor Andy Stanley at Northpoint church: any time https://northpoint.org/live
Pastor Jeremy Peters at St. Albert Alliance Church: 11 am https://staalliance.org/livestream/
News, Notes, and Needs
- Pastor Ryan’s video series on Prayer is now complete on our church’s YouTube channel. His next series on Fasting will be available next week.
- To find these videos, check the website Sermon page, our public Facebook page, or our private ARBC Community Group on Facebook. If you are on our email list, you will be emailed a when a new video is available. Or subscribe to the channel (click “Subscribe” under any of the videos) to be notified as soon as they are ready.
- There is still one copy of Richard Foster’s book Celebration of Discipline in the church library. If you would like to borrow it, contact the office.
- The book Pastor Ryan recommends for further study about meditation is Vancouver pastor Ken Shigematsu’s book Survival Guide for the Soul.
- Our Facebook ARBC Community group is a wonderful place to share stories, prayer requests, links to encouraging content, and more. If you haven’t joined yet, you still can! Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArgyleRoad/ and click “Join”.
- Church updates are being shared via email, on our website, and on our Facebook Page and Group. The office will remain open for regular hours, and Pastor Ryan and the deacons are also available.
- If you have a prayer request, please let the church office know and we will pass it on to the prayer group. Or share it on the FB ARBC Community group and people in that group will pray with you.
- If you need other help, such as getting groceries while isolated, some people have volunteered to help. Let the church office know and we will find someone to help. If you can help, please also let the office know. Thank you!