1st Scripture Lesson
Praise the Lord!
148 Praise the Lord from the heavens!
Praise him from the skies!
2 Praise him, all his angels!
Praise him, all the armies of heaven!
3 Praise him, sun and moon!
Praise him, all you twinkling stars!
4 Praise him, skies above!
Praise him, vapors high above the clouds!
5 Let every created thing give praise to the Lord,
for he issued his command, and they came into being.
6 He set them in place forever and ever.
His decree will never be revoked.
7 Praise the Lord from the earth,
you creatures of the ocean depths,
8 fire and hail, snow and clouds,
wind and weather that obey him,
9 mountains and all hills,
fruit trees and all cedars,
10 wild animals and all livestock,
small scurrying animals and birds,
11 kings of the earth and all people,
rulers and judges of the earth,
12 young men and young women,
old men and children.
13 Let them all praise the name of the Lord.
For his name is very great;
his glory towers over the earth and heaven!
14 He has made his people strong,
honoring his faithful ones—
the people of Israel who are close to him.
Praise the Lord!
148 你 们 要 赞 美 耶 和 华 ！ 从 天 上 赞 美 耶 和 华 ， 在 高 处 赞 美 他 ！
2 他 的 众 使 者 都 要 赞 美 他 ！ 他 的 诸 军 都 要 赞 美 他 ！
3 日 头 月 亮 ， 你 们 要 赞 美 他 ！ 放 光 的 星 宿 ， 你 们 都 要 赞 美 他 ！
4 天 上 的 天 和 天 上 的 水 ， 你 们 都 要 赞 美 他 ！
5 愿 这 些 都 赞 美 耶 和 华 的 名 ！ 因 他 一 吩 咐 便 都 造 成 。
6 他 将 这 些 立 定 ， 直 到 永 永 远 远 ； 他 定 了 命 ， 不 能 废 去 （ 或 译 ： 越 过 ） 。
7 所 有 在 地 上 的 ， 大 鱼 和 一 切 深 洋 ，
8 火 与 冰 雹 ， 雪 和 雾 气 ， 成 就 他 命 的 狂 风 ，
9 大 山 和 小 山 ， 结 果 的 树 木 和 一 切 香 柏 树 ，
10 野 兽 和 一 切 牲 畜 ， 昆 虫 和 飞 鸟 ，
11 世 上 的 君 王 和 万 民 ， 首 领 和 世 上 一 切 审 判 官 ，
12 少 年 人 和 处 女 ， 老 年 人 和 孩 童 ， 都 当 赞 美 耶 和 华 ！
13 愿 这 些 都 赞 美 耶 和 华 的 名 ！ 因 为 独 有 他 的 名 被 尊 崇 ； 他 的 荣 耀 在 天 地 之 上 。
14 他 将 他 百 姓 的 角 高 举 ， 因 此 他 （ 或 译 ： 他 使 ） 一 切 圣 民 以 色 列 人 ， 就 是 与 他 相 近 的 百 姓 ， 都 赞 美 他 ！ 你 们 要 赞 美 耶 和 华 ！
Songs of Worship:
All Creatures of our God and King – Maranatha! Music
A Thousand Candles – Evie Tornquist
You know all about how Jesus came to Earth as a baby. But do you know why he came?
2nd Scripture Lesson
4 But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law. 5 God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children. 6 And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.” 7 Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir.
4 及 至 时 候 满 足 ， 神 就 差 遣 他 的 儿 子 ， 为 女 子 所 生 ， 且 生 在 律 法 以 下 ，
5 要 把 律 法 以 下 的 人 赎 出 来 ， 叫 我 们 得 着 儿 子 的 名 分 。
6 你 们 既 为 儿 子 ， 神 就 差 他 儿 子 的 灵 进 入 你 们 （ 原 文 作 我 们 ） 的 心 ， 呼 叫 ： 阿 爸 ！ 父 ！
7 可 见 ， 从 此 以 後 ， 你 不 是 奴 仆 ， 乃 是 儿 子 了 ； 既 是 儿 子 ， 就 靠 着 神 为 後 嗣
Song of Worship
Hope of the Nations (Christmas Version) – Brian Doerksen
Prayer for our World
Our CBM prayer this week is from Brenda Halk, CBM’s Senior Associate for Strategic Projects. You can pray with her here.
3rd Scripture Reading:
22 Then it was time for their purification offering, as required by the law of Moses after the birth of a child; so his parents took him to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord. 23 The law of the Lord says, “If a woman’s first child is a boy, he must be dedicated to the Lord.” 24 So they offered the sacrifice required in the law of the Lord—“either a pair of turtledoves or two young pigeons.”
25 At that time there was a man in Jerusalem named Simeon. He was righteous and devout and was eagerly waiting for the Messiah to come and rescue Israel. The Holy Spirit was upon him 26 and had revealed to him that he would not die until he had seen the Lord’s Messiah. 27 That day the Spirit led him to the Temple. So when Mary and Joseph came to present the baby Jesus to the Lord as the law required, 28 Simeon was there. He took the child in his arms and praised God, saying,
29 “Sovereign Lord, now let your servant die in peace,
as you have promised.
30 I have seen your salvation,
31 which you have prepared for all people.
32 He is a light to reveal God to the nations,
and he is the glory of your people Israel!”
33 Jesus’ parents were amazed at what was being said about him. 34 Then Simeon blessed them, and he said to Mary, the baby’s mother, “This child is destined to cause many in Israel to fall, and many others to rise. He has been sent as a sign from God, but many will oppose him. 35 As a result, the deepest thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your very soul.”
36 Anna, a prophet, was also there in the Temple. She was the daughter of Phanuel from the tribe of Asher, and she was very old. Her husband died when they had been married only seven years. 37 Then she lived as a widow to the age of eighty-four. She never left the Temple but stayed there day and night, worshiping God with fasting and prayer. 38 She came along just as Simeon was talking with Mary and Joseph, and she began praising God. She talked about the child to everyone who had been waiting expectantly for God to rescue Jerusalem.
39 When Jesus’ parents had fulfilled all the requirements of the law of the Lord, they returned home to Nazareth in Galilee. 40 There the child grew up healthy and strong. He was filled with wisdom, and God’s favor was on him.
Song of Worship
Mary Did You Know? – Clay Aiken
CBWC’s Director of Church Planting Shannon Youell shares from Isaiah 61:10 – 62:3 for December 27, Christmas Sunday as part of CBWC’s Disruptive Hope Advent series.
Song of Response:
The First Noel – Lady Antebellum
As we continue to learn to “rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18), let us find ways not only to honor God, but to love and bless others in all circumstances. In Matthew 6:25-34, it is Jesus who reminds us that our heavenly Father feeds and clothes us, who later calls us to then feed the hungry and clothe the naked as well (Matthew 25:31-46). Despite the uncertainty of these times, let us consider and respond to our call as disciples and remain generous in Hope – Peace – Joy – Love – Light. Amen. (from CBM’s Advent of Generosity reflections)
Suggested Sunday Services to Watch:
Pastor Rick Warren at Saddleback church: any time https://saddleback.com/watch
Pastor Andy Stanley at Northpoint church: any time https://northpoint.org/live
Pastor Jeremy Peters at St. Albert Alliance Church: 11 am https://staalliance.org/livestream/
News, Notes, and Needs
- Our Christmas Project this year will support two children’s programs in Bolivia: Casa and Jireh. Details are on our CBM Project Page.
- Weekly announcements are now on our website for our church and other like-minded organizations.
- Our church has resumed in-person worship services in accordance with provincial guidelines. Because we can only have 30 people in at most 21 spots, you will need to register for Sunday worship. Masks are required. You can do that here: https://arbc.sk.ca/register-for-in-person-sunday-service/ . You can register for more than one Sunday at a time, but then please let the office know if you need to cancel.
- For those worshiping at home, we provide this online Sunday worship service and Zoom groups on Sunday and through the week.
- You can find our previous online worship services on our Sunday Service Online Archive.
- You can find all of Pastor Ryan’s sermons and videos at the Sermon page on this website.
- We also have a YouTube channel and playlists of songs and Pastor Ryan’s videos. The song playlists are in the sidebar and footer of this website.
- We are on Facebook!
- Our Facebook ARBC Community group is a place for our church family to share stories, prayer requests, links to encouraging content, and more. If you haven’t joined yet, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArgyleRoad/ and click “Join”.
- Our Argyle Road Baptist Church Facebook Page is where we share links of interest to our congregation and the wider community. Find us at https://www.facebook.com/Argyle-Road-Baptist-Church-1595850577308715
- If you have a prayer request, please let the church office know and we will pass it on to the prayer group. Or share it on the FB ARBC Community group and people will pray with you there.
- If you need other help, such as getting groceries while isolated, let the church office know and we will find someone to help. If you can help, please also let the office know. Thank you!