New in Canada?
Want to improve your English?
Interested in local history and culture?
These are just some of the reasons we often have 20-30 people join us each Saturday.
Meet with us for “a time of learning and friendship.”
Saturdays, 3:00 – 5:00 pm (September through April). Various activities are also planned in the summer months. NOTE: Classes are finished for the summer, but will resume in September. Some summer activities will be planned.
Argyle Road Baptist Church (meet in the lower hall)
3510 Argyle Road (corner of 23rd Ave)
Regina, SK S4S 2B8
Why come to our program?
We provide a warm accepting community where you will:
- Practice your English skills
- Make new friends
- Learn about Canadian/Western culture/religion
- Enjoy coffee and snacks
We offer free classes at two levels:
Beginning English with bilingual Chinese/English teachers
- Classes meet for two hours each week
- Focus is “practical life” English
- Small class sizes so you can practice speaking English
- Homework to help you learn through the week
Advanced English with Canadian English teachers
- Two or three 45-minute sessions with different teachers
- Focus is English vocabulary, pronunciation, current events and Western culture
We also offer a more in-depth Sunday afternoon “Culture Discussion Series”, in English with Mandarin translation.
Come whenever you can
Classes are informal. You do not have to commit to attend every week. You do not have to sign up in advance.
Bring friends and family members; visitors are always welcome.
As demand requires and qualified help is available, we provide free child care for children ages 3 through 6 each week; children 7 & older attend a youth class with activities geared to their age level.
Other fun and interesting activities
You will be invited to other activities and events throughout the year, such as:
- Group tours to museums and cultural events
- Evening walking groups around the lake (with English practice)
- Summer BBQ and picnic events; winter group activities, often in cooperation with other Regina International groups.
- Argyle Road Baptist Church services, classes, and activities; newcomers and visitors are always welcome
- A fall camp provided by our Mandarin Fellowship Group. Watch for announcements on this website.
(top photo credit: Jessica de Rosa)