Find announcements for our church, our denomination, and our camps on our ARBC Announcement page.
Events and Opportunities
The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada seeks to unite evangelicals to bless Canada in the name of Jesus. Here are some things they do:
- publish two magazines: Faith Today (for a general audience) and Love is Moving (for youth and youth leaders). You can read them online or you can subscribe to a FREE print subscription for one or both magazines. They appreciate donations for the print magazines if you are able.
- Study current events and make submissions about bills going through Parliament and other issues. Find details at their Canada Watch.
- Host webinars and podcasts.
- Send out weekly emails and a newsletter. Sign up at their website.
Open Doors documents religious persecution toward Christians around the world, and provides help and encouragement to as many as they can. Resources include:
- An annual World Watch List. The product of both desk and field research and the only one of its kind, ranks the top 50 most dangerous countries in which to live as a Christian. The number one thing persecuted Christians ask for is prayer, and this guide will help you know how to pray for our persecuted family.
- A monthly Prayer Calendar with specific prayer requests for individual persecuted Christians and communities.
- A bi-monthly magazine. Here is the January/February issue.
- A book about North Korean Christians called North Korea Illustrated.
- A weekly podcast.
- Stories from countries around the world. The news is not all bad. Open Doors reports that in many countries, even amidst the persecution, the church is thriving.
- The opportunity to donate to help persecuted Christians in need of food, shelter, education, or protection.
Alpha is an 11-week course that creates a space, online or in person, where people are excited to bring their friends for a conversation about life, faith and Jesus. We have hosted Alpha sessions in our church in the past in English and Mandarin. They are offering:
- Webinars designed to equip the church in Canada to lead through this unique season. Many of them are applicable outside of Alpha as well. You can find the webinars on their website.
- A report called “Leading with Hope“, which contains influential Canadian protestant church leaders’ perspectives on being the church during COVID-19. You can watch the webinar recording or download the report from their blog.
- A free online 2-hour Leadership Conference on May 4 from 1 – 3 pm CST and again on May 5 from 5:30 – 7:30 am. It will be led by Nicky Gumbel, founder of Alpha. You can register here.
- A YouTube playlist of stories of hope collected from Canadian churches during the pandemic. See the trailer below.
Right Now Media will be hosting several online conferences in 2021. There will be events for Business people and Church leaders (May 14), Men (August 20), Married Couples (September 24), Moms (October 22), and Pastors, Church Staff, and Group Leaders (November 3-5). Details will be posted at their website as they become available. If you are affiliated with our church, you can sign up for a free RNM account on our website and access their hundreds of Bible studies and conferences — right now!